BIO-TIC webinar on biosurfactants: registration is open!
BIO-TIC invites you to attend the webinar on the biosurfactants product group which will take place on Friday 22 May 2015, from 3-4 pm CET. The agenda includes:
- Introduction to BIO-TIC , by Pierre Barthélemy, Cefic Executive Director for Research & Innovation
- IB market roadmap, by Anna Saarentaus, Principal in Pöyry
- Overview on Biosurfactants, by Prof. Wim Soetaert, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
- Future of Biosurfactants according to BIO-TIC, by Pierre Barthélemy
Biosurfactants are one of the five business cases which the project has identified to have significant potential to enhance the European economic competitiveness and introduce cross-cutting technology ideas. Europe has already an established biosurfactants market and is currently the global leader in terms of both biosurfactant production and consumption. Still, the market share could be higher if the various innovation hurdles to biosurfactants are addressed.
The BIO-TIC project has extensively examined the market, R&D and technological hurdles for biosurfactants and with this webinar is now presenting its findings to the public. Later this year, an integrated roadmap with the main findings of the project including examples on all the five business cases will become publicly available on the project website and will be presented at the project final conference “From bugs to business: Unlocking the Bioeconomy in Europe” on 23 June.
The project’s dissemination activity will go on with more webinars on other business cases and the uptake of IB in general:
- Tuesday 26 May 2015, 10-11 am CET: Chemical Building Blocks, organized by TNO
- Monday 8 June 2015, 10-11 am CET: CO2-based Chemicals, organized by Nova Institute
- Wednesday 10 June 2015, 10-11 am CET: European Bioeconomy revisited, organized by DECHEMA
- Tuesday 7 July, 1-2 pm CET: Where next: Industrial Biotechnology? – A review of the results of the BIO-TIC project, organized by EuropaBio
- TBD, Webinar on Biofuels, organized by DECHEMA
You can register for all the webinars for free on https://dechema.ilinc.com.